Services in Your Community
We have programs throughout the state that help individuals of all abilities build increasingly rich, independent lives in the communities they call home.
Ready2Work matches people seeking jobs with employers in their communities, where they can make positive contributions and pursue career goals. Many of the people we serve have overcome multiple challenges in their lives and careers, so they know the value of hard work. All they need is the opportunity to succeed and an employer who understands the value they bring to the job site.
Employers Make All the Difference
Hiring workers with special needs improves their quality of life while making a lasting impact in the surrounding community. Employers benefit by getting a more diverse workplace, as well as decreased turnover since workers are already trained in jobs they are interested in and come to the job site motivated and ready to work.
According to the U.S. Department of Education, workers with disabilities who have completed a vocational program have an 85% retention rate after one year. Workers without disabilities also benefit, as they receive training in the work of their choosing and are focused on career growth. Other benefits include:
- Business growth: The job seekers we serve demonstrate great productivity, loyalty and a desire to succeed.
- Tax incentives: Some employers may receive tax benefits for employing workers with disabilities or other special needs.
- Community value: Employing the adults we serve can lead to a higher employment rate and strengthened local economy.
We’re Here to Support You
Ready2Work makes it easy to hire workers who other employers might overlook. We partner with employers to help them grow their businesses through hiring workers who are chosen specifically for their specific business needs. We coordinate any community resources needed to help them begin work, such as driver training or interpreter services. Once a placement is made, we assist with:
- Modifications to the work site that may be needed—including special equipment and wheelchair ramps—and finding resources in the community that can help cover the costs.
- Arranging transportation for the worker to and from work, if needed.
- Support for employer and employee at every stage of the placement to ensure a smooth transition into work—any need, any time.
- Monitoring the employee’s progress after the placement to ensure a good fit.
If you would like more information about how REM Ohio’s Ready2Work program can help your business grow, please email us contact the office nearest you: Tiffin,Cincinnati, or Akron.