For more information on REM Ohio’s Ready2Work program, serving individuals throughout Ohio, please email or contact the office nearest you:
At REM Ohio, we know the challenges that can come with finding employment and establishing a career. Our Employment Services program—also known as Ready2Work—can help people facing employment barriers find meaningful work that matches their interests and helps fulfill their goals and financial needs.
We develop personalized job plans, with resources and support, such as:
- Those who were laid off or displaced from a job due to industry changes
- People needing a fresh start after incarceration
- Veterans with special medical needs or other challenges
- Individuals with disabilities or physical challenges
- Mature workers looking for new opportunities and current industry skills
Support for Job-Seekers and Employers
With a focus on creating positive, long-term working relationships between employers and those we serve, we identify each person’s interests and skills so we can help them find a job that is right for them. In addition, REM Ohio partners with employers to help them grow their business by hiring workers who are well trained and motivated to succeed. Ready2Work puts job seekers on a path toward success, with services including:
- Career Exploration
- Job Development
- Community-based Assessment
- Job Training
- Job Placement & Job Retention
Ready2Work supports job seekers who are eligible for services through the Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities and the Bureau of Visually Impaired. We also offer supported employment to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are eligible for the Medicaid Home- and Community-based (HCB) Waiver funding and are referred to us from county boards of developmental disabilities.