We’re proud to serve adults throughout the Buckeye State. Contact us to learn more about our home- and community-based services. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Placement & Retention
Upon finding a position that matches the needs of both the job seeker and the employer, our job coaches in Ready2Work facilitate hiring and help with issues such as:
- Finding reliable transportation to work
- Getting a copy of their birth certificate or social security card
- Arranging for services, such as interpreters or childcare
- Helping the employer find resources to make adjustments to the job site, such as wheelchair ramps
We also accompany new employees to the job during the first days of employment. This helps them get oriented in their new work environment, as the coaches are there to provide assistance needed to master the new responsibilities.
Once they have begun work, we carefully monitor their progress and prepare them to transition out of the program and continue working independently. During this initial period of work, we provide:
- On-site job training so the employees can keep up with responsibilities
- Continued coaching to improve performance or address challenges
- Help with any adjustments that need to be made to the work environment, shift hours or the employee’s job tasks
We also help the employers take care of any issues that arise with their new workers, whether it’s a new ramp or certifications needed, or if they are unsure how to handle a unique situation.
Creating Independent Workers
When the job coaches determine that the new employees are getting comfortable with their position, one-on-one meetings are held to make sure they are confident in their ability to maintain and enjoy the job. The coaches gradually reduce the hours of on-site training, but visit the job site periodically to monitor progress. The focus then is on how the workers are adapting and addressing concern from either the employee or the employer.
Once we determine that a placement is successful, we do an exit interview with the employer to make sure that they are comfortable with keeping the new employee on their staff. Our role throughout Ready2Work is to support both the employee and the employer to ensure a positive working relationship.